Michaels is a well-known arts retailer in the United States and Canada, catering to those interested in buying or making art, frames, flowers, or constructing their decorations.
Of course, this begs the question, “Does Michaels take Apple Pay?”
Apple Pay is only accepted at a few Michaels locations at this time. Apple Pay is not accepted in Michaels’ online shops at this time.
This article will go through the process below to help you make purchases at any Michaels that takes Apple Pay.
We will also review several additional options for making payments so you can still make your purchase.
Is it possible to use Apple Pay at Michaels?
Apple Pay is only accepted at a few Michaels locations at this time. However, Apple Pay is not accepted in Michaels’ online shops currently.
If none of the Michael locations offer Apple Pay, you may still try another payment option. There are many good reasons to utilize Apple Pay at any Michaels that offers the service.
The reasons for using Apple Pay at Michaels include having all your payment methods (credit cards, debit cards, gift cards, loyalty cards, etc.) in one location (your Apple Wallet).
Using Apple Pay at any Michaels shop or retailer is advantageous for several reasons, not the least of which is that the cashier will never have access to your credit card or debit card details. It is highly recommended that you make Apple Pay your go-to payment option at any Michaels shop that offers this service.
If you use Apple Pay, your payment and identification information will be encrypted on your phone, making it more difficult for identity thieves to steal it.
Does Michael’s Accept Apple Pay at Its Stores?
Most, but not all, locations of Michaels accept Apple Pay. If a Michaels shop doesn’t take Apple Pay, don’t worry; ask the cashiers for assistance with one of the other means of payment they allow.
If you want to be sure that the Michaels shop closest to you offers Apple Pay, you may do so by looking it up on Apple Maps. But, first, launch the Apple Maps app and type in the store’s name.
When the results page loads, look toward the bottom for a “helpful to know” area. You’ll know a business will take Apple Pay since it will have the Apple Pay logo displayed or the words “accepts Apple pay” will be bold. If you don’t see this, it’s possible that the business doesn’t take Apple Pay, so be sure to have another payment option handy in case the cashier confirms your suspicions.
It’s crucial to remember that even if a business is shown as accepting Apple Pay on Apple Maps, that doesn’t mean it does. If the store’s NFC terminal isn’t working, it won’t be able to process Apple Pay transactions.
So it would help if you had a backup plan for making payments available in case the first one fails.
Does Apple Pay Work for Michaels Online Shop?
Unfortunately, Apple Pay is not a payment option for Michaels’s online shop. However, you may quickly and conveniently finish the checkout process at the online shop since they accept various payment methods, including PayPal, credit and debit cards, and so on.
Many questions remain about whether or not Apple Pay will be accepted at Michaels. Exactly when the shop begins taking Apple Pay is unknown, although the company has already announced it will.
Benefits of Using Apple Pay at Michaels
While shopping for painting materials at Michael’s, you may take advantage of Apple Pay’s many perks.
- Safety: Your card information and other payment details are never shared with merchants, and the whole transaction is encrypted for safety. Therefore, there is no danger of having your debit or credit card information stolen and used fraudulently.
- Cashless: The ability to use Apple Pay at Michaels locations means I never have to pull out my money. Instead, you may present your smartphone to a reader at the register. Your transaction will be finalized in a flash.
- Speed: Time is saved since you won’t have to take out your card, swipe it, and enter your PIN.
Guide to Using Apple Pay at Michaels’
Using Apple Maps, you can check whether a business takes Apple Pay before you go out to buy some Michael products. After that, you’ll need to activate your Apple Wallet before using Apple Pay at a retail establishment. You may proceed with the payment if you have already set up your Apple Wallet.
Insights Into the Apple Wallet’s Installation Process
- Step 1: Access “Wallet & Apple Pay” in Settings on your iPhone or iPad:
To activate Apple Pay, open “Wallet & Apple Pay” in your device’s settings.
- Step 2: Add Card
Select a payment method, and then manually input your credit card or debit card information or scan the card and have it automatically entered.
- Step 3: Card Authentication
You must first agree to Apple’s terms and conditions to authenticate your card and finish the other necessary procedures.
- Step 4: Finalize Wallet Configuration
After verifying the card, you may use Apple Pay at any Michaels shop.
Michaels in-store Apple Pay Setup
- Step 1: First, decide how you’d want to pay, open your wallet, and, choose the card you’d like to use.
A message will remind you to use Apple Pay as you approach the register. If this message doesn’t appear, just let the cashier know that you’d want to pay using Apple Pay instead.
Launch Apple Pay from your iPhone’s Wallet app to use your favorite payment method at the register. Then, you may continue with the transaction with the default credit card.
Just click the default card and choose the one you’d want to use instead.
- Step 2: Authenticate Your Card
Turn on the card’s Face ID scanner to verify your identity. To achieve this, press the power button twice. If you don’t have access to your Face ID scanner, you may use your Apple ID password instead.
Place your finger to verify your identity if your phone supports Touch ID. If you don’t have access to a Touch ID scanner, you may use the Apple ID password instead.
- Step 3: Finish your purchase
Get your iOS device into a range of contactless readers until you get a checkmark. Your transaction has been completed successfully.
What Payment Methods Does Michaels Accept?
Using Apple Pay to buy something from Michaels is a great time saver. Although it is accepted by most of its shops, there are a few exceptions. Fortunately, it’s not the only option for making a purchase.
Michaels also accepts the following kinds of payment:
- Credit cards – We accept all major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Michaels accepts Visa and Mastercard branded debit cards, which function similarly to credit cards.
- If you like, you may also use cash as a form of payment. However, this may not be ideal if you’re in a rush or the shop is busy.
- You may also use a Michaels gift card if you have one. However, there is a lack of widespread acceptance of gift cards and payment cards compared to plastic and cash. Conveniently, customers may use Michaels gift cards to make purchases here.
- Michaels accepts PayPal as a method of payment on their website. It also works with other payment methods like Samsung Pay and Google Pay.
Retailers Other Than Michaels That Accept Apple Pay
Apple Pay is accepted at more establishments than only Michaels.
You can use Apple Pay to shop at some other competitors.
- Hobby Lobby
- Home Depot
- Ben Franklin Crafts and Frames
Apple Pay is accepted at Michaels, so you can easily buy your art materials. However, this mode of payment is only accepted at certain Michaels stores.
If you wish to use Apple Pay but find that a business doesn’t take it, you may want to bring some alternative form of payment along with you.
It’s not known when all Michaels will begin accepting Apple Pay, but more businesses are anticipated to start accepting it in the future.